This is a privacy notice of the Beccles Townlands Charity. In this document, “we”, “our”, or “us” refers to Beccles Townlands Charity.
This Policy and its contents were reviewed on 7th February 2022. This privacy statement informs you about how we process information that we record about you, whether provided by you, or by another person or organisation. It applies to information that could identify you as an individual (“personal information”) and information that does not, including that which relates to your business. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
- We are committed to the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We recognise that you are entitled to know that your data will not be used for any unintended purpose, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
- Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now by requesting that your read the information provided at www.knowyourprivacyrights.org.
- We do not share, sell or disclose to a third party any information collected through our website.
DATA PROCESSED –
Clients:-The services we provide to business and personal clients are charitable services. We aim to process data only to the extent necessary for us to provide our clients with our services and for any other agreed purposes. Our services do not require us to hold any information deemed to be “special category” such as race or ethnic origin, health and medical history, sexual life or orientation, criminal records, political, religious or philosophical beliefs. In most cases your personal data will have been provided to us by you.
Information we process with your consent:- We may process information when a contract has been formed with our business and processing is necessary to carry out our obligations under that contract, or when processing personal data is necessary in order to form a contract. We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
Only when you have given us explicit permission to do so, do we process your personal information under the basis of consent. We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists. You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing Beccles Townlands Charity directly.
Information we process for legitimate interests:- We may process information on the basis that there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us of doing so. Where we process your information on this basis we do so after giving careful consideration to whether you would expect us to process your data and consider it reasonable to do so for the purposes of :-
- record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our business
- responding to communication from you to which we believe you expect a response
- protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party
- insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage business risk
- protecting your interest where we believe we have a duty to do so
Information we process for legal obligations:- We may process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation. Where we may be required to give information to legal or tax authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
Information that you specifically provide us:- When you contact us, whether by telephone, website or email we collect the data you have given us in order to reply with the information you need. We record your request and reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business. We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address in able to track our communications with your to provide a high quality of service.
Access to your personal information:- At any time you may review or update information that we hold about you by directly contacting us at Beccles Townlands Charity. If you wish us to remove any identifiable information we may hold you may contact us. This may limit the service we can provide for you. When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access. This is important to safeguard your information..
Retention of personal data:- We keep your personal information for as long as is required by us to bother provide you with the services that you requested.